At Conscious Brands, we know the importance of walking the talk. Each year, we set big goals, celebrate when these goals are met, and continue to grow by challenging ourselves to continue doing better.
Here we share some of our annual sustainability goals, and the impact we have had in achieving them.
- We are a Certified B Corporation.
- We donate a portion of our revenue to charity and are a proud member of 1% For The Planet.
- We are a Living Wage Leader.
- Our office is powered by 100% renewable energy through Bullfrog Power.
- We strive to dispose of less than 10 lbs of waste per year.
- Worms eat our food scraps! Our office has in-house vermicomposting.
- We aim to keep employees commuting to the office by car at no more than 30% by providing allowances for bicycle maintenance, transit passes, and car-share memberships and encouraging walking and car-pooling.
- We offset emissions-based travel by planting fruit baring trees through REAP Calgary’s Community Orchards Program.
- We provide employee incentives to volunteer with value-aligned organizations.
- We support telecommuting, flexible work hours and employees working from home.
- We provide our team with allowances for professional development, mentorship and training incentives, RRSP and ethical investing programs, a holistic wellness benefits package, and a sabbatical program.