At Conscious Brands, we know the importance of walking the talk. Each year, we set big goals, celebrate when these goals are met, and continue to grow by challenging ourselves to continue doing better.
Below are some of our annual sustainability goals, and the impact we have had in achieving them.
- We are a Certified B Corporation.
- We donate a portion of our revenue to local and environmental charity’s.
- We are a Living Wage Leader.
- A couple years ago, we gave up our traditional brick and mortar office space, instead transitioning to telecommuting, flexible work hours, and employees working from home. When we do need to connect as a team or have meetings to travel to, we aim to keep employees commuting by car at no more than 30% by providing allowances for bicycle maintenance, transit passes, bike-share and car-share memberships, and encouraging walking and car-pooling.
- All of our employees home-based office’s are powered by 100% renewable energy through Bullfrog Power.
- We strive for our team to dispose of less than 10 lbs of waste per year.
- Worms eat our food scraps! We use vermicomposting, as well as utilize municipal compost collection.
- We offset emissions-based travel by planting fruit bearing trees through REAP’s Community Orchards Program.
- We provide employee incentives to volunteer with value-aligned organizations.
- We provide our team with allowances for professional development, mentorship, and training incentives, RRSP and ethical investing programs, a holistic wellness benefits package, and a sabbatical program.